How is my order shipped?
Orders are shipped everyday of the week.
UPS does not deliver to APOs or PO Boxes, instead items will be shipped by US Postal Services (USPS), please choose the UPS Ground ship option. We endeavor to ship your order within 24-48 hours.
What is your return policy?
Bee Healthy Candles guarantees your satisfaction with any of the merchandise available through our online store. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with merchandise received your account will be credited upon return receipt of merchandise in new condition. Colored items are not returnable.
Bee Healthy Candles is not responsible for the cost of return shipping unless the items shipped did not match the order invoice.
Are white beeswax candles natural?
Yes. Our white candles are 100% natural. When the beeswax is generated by the wax glands in the abdomen of the bee it originally comes out creamy white. The foraging worker bees bring nectar and pollen into the hive thereby staining the wax to a golden hue. The beeswax can be filtered back to white. There are many ways to do this. Most companies use a bleach or chemical filtration process. You can tell this is the case if the candles are very white and bright. Bee Healthy ‘white’ wax is a soft, ivory white color. To achieve this the beeswax is filtered five times using natural cloths and a natural substance that has been crushed to a powder to absorb the pollens from the wax. This extra step does make the price of white candles slightly higher.
What is the natural color of beeswax?
The fact is that bees forage and bring nectar and pollen into the hive. This stains the honeycomb to a brilliant golden color. The comb is filled with honey and capped with whitish beeswax when ripened. The candles are made from the honey cappings…fresh, clean beeswax scraped from the tops of the comb cells when extracting the honey. Therefore, Bee Healthy Candle wax is of the finest color you will find. It is a golden wax with a slight yellow-orange tint, much like the sun. Pure, natural beauty!
Are your products made from natural ingredients?
Bee Healthy Candles are made of 100% natural beeswax sourced from farms in and around Colorado. There are no artificial additives, perfumes, or colorants. Just pure beeswax from productive bees.
Why burn beeswax candles when petroleum based candles are so much cheaper?
Yes. We realize that synthetic candles are cheaper to buy, but are they really cheaper to use? Well, consider this, beeswax is a much denser material than paraffin so it is slower burning. Also, there is less waste, especially considering whatever beeswax is left over after burning the candle down can be recycled into new candles or other handy uses around the home.When 100% Beeswax burns, it is consumed by the fire of the flame. Other waxes disintegrate into toxic components and are released into the room or melt into drippings. You have virtually no waste.
What are the health benefits of burning beeswax candles?
Beeswax burns cleaner than synthetic wax. When your beeswax candle is burning, you are not dumping lots of chemicals or toxins into your environment.
Beeswax candles are reputed to have several health benefits, including:
- Lower Toxicity: Because beeswax candles are all natural, they do not produce toxic byproducts and heavy soot when burned. Some types of candles produce minute traces of chemicals known to be carcinogenic, but this is not a problem with beeswax candles.
- Neutralizing Pollutants: Beeswax candles produce negative ions when burned, and those ions help to neutralize pollutants in the air. This helps eliminate dust, odors, and mold in the atmosphere, easing allergy and asthma symptoms and improving breathing for anyone nearby.
- Relaxation: The simple act of burning a candle has relaxing properties and can aid in stress relief and meditation. The mildly sweet, natural honey scent of beeswax candles can aid that relaxation without being overwhelming as artificially scented candles can become.
- Safety: Because beeswax candles are all natural and produce no byproducts, they are naturally dripless when used properly and are thus safer to burn. This avoids the risk of burns and other injuries that can result from burning other types of candles improperly.
- Light: Beeswax candles have the brightest, purest light of any candles and are closest to natural sunlight. If the candles are to be used as a light source, this can help minimize eye strain and reduce headaches.